Sunday, February 8, 2009

February 7, 2009

This past Saturday we had 9 ladies that were able to come and share some knitting and crocheting!

We had an awesome time together and enjoyed seeing some completed projects as well.

Cheryl and Aura showed off their recent FO's. Cheryl brought the Sock Monkey that she

designed herself and Aura showed off her Christmas Gnome.

Cheryl also brought her little Alien. Rose brought in her fab Bella's mittens that she had

reworked to include a peek-a-boo slot so that she could easily get her fingers out to use her cell.

She also brought in her latest buddy bag and her Scarf with a Pocket.

I (Connie) had brought my completed Maxi and the beret I designed to go with it.

Pat had brought in her Granny Square afghan to show Robin.

Robin brought her (finally) LOL completed pink and white baby blanket and had already

started on another yellow one. This time working it in the round.





We then settled in to work on our projects. Pam was knitting her mom's sweater that she is planning to give her on Mothers Day. I was working on my Prairie Afghan. Larissa was working on her Milkweed Project and then also started a red drop stitch scarf. Robin was crocheting her yellow baby blanket with her usual invented crochet stitch! Cheryl was busy on another Alien and Janice was starting a Tiramisu Baby Blanket. I know Aura was working on something but I can't remember what? Sorry Aura! She really was up and walking around most of the meeting visiting with each of us and taking photo's not only for us, but for the group next to us as well that was having I think a baby shower.

During our meeting Larissa had shown me her knitting bag where she had crocheted some yarn over the handles because her bunny had chewed them up. This was such a clever idea! So I had to come straight home and do the same to my straw bag. I also added some yarn around the top edge. Thanks Larissa for inspiring me!



We (Connie, Pam, Pat, Aura, Larrisa, Rose, Robin, Janice and Cheryl) really had a nice time and the weather was nice and mild and sunny and it was a perfect day to sit and knit!

See you next time!


1 comment:

Robin said...

Oh my gosh. I really do frown when I crochet, don't I? Better work on that....